Our COVID-19 guide to golf at Rustington Golf Centre
In the initial period following our reopening, access to the centre will be available to golfers provided the following requirements are met:
– You are not in self isolation and not required to self isolate
– You are not displaying symptoms of COVID-19
– You have not returned from outside the UK in the last 14 days
The golf course will be open from Monday 18th May between the hours of 08:00 – 20:00 Monday to Sunday (last bookable tee time at 19:30). The Par 3 course will also be open from 08:00 – 13:00 (closed from 13:00 -16:30 for Foot Golf and Disc Golf) and then reopen from 16:30 – 19:30.
As of Monday 15th June, the main reception area as well as the American Golf Store will be open between the hours of 09:00 – 18:00 Monday to Sunday. All drinks and food purchased in the main reception area must be consumed outside, customers are not permitted to wait inside for any longer than is necessary in order to observe social distancing and prevent overcrowding in the reception area. The American Golf store have a limit of 11 customers in the store at a time.
The driving range will be reopening on Saturday 27th June at 9am.
On Monday 29th June our opening hours will be changing to 09:00 – 18:00 on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday and to 09:00 – 21:00 on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
Booking a round:
- Booking a tee time in advance can be done via the link on our website: https://rgcgolf.com/ (bookings via phone can be made for members only and we are also able to take payment for rounds at the kiosk on the 1st tee).
- As of Monday 1st June we are be allowing up to four golfers from four separate households to play together in one single group.
- As of Friday 5th June we are be allowing golfers to book both 9 and 18 hole through our external online booking site or on site at the 1st tee kiosk.
- Members are able to play as often as they like, alleviating the three round per week restriction previously in place.
- The practice facilities are reserved for those warming up before teeing off or on a lesson with Cranfield Golf Academy.
- Visitors will need to book and pre-pay online.
- Golfers should travel to the centre alone, or with members of the same household.
- An ample amount of car parking spaces are available to ensure social distancing.
- Arrange golf attire and change footwear at your car.
- Observe social distancing at all times.
- If booked to play on one of our courses, report straight to the first tee upon arrival to check-in.
Checking in for your round:
- Check in on the first tee is mandatory for all golfers.
- A booking confirmation or receipt is required and must be presented before you are permitted to play.
- Whilst waiting to be checked in on the first tee, a 2 metre distance must be observed.
- The main reception area as well as American Golf store will be open as of Monday 15th June between the hours of 09:00 – 18:00 every day. Social distancing must be observed during this time.
- Buggies, clubs and trollies are unavailable for hire, golfers must provide their own equipment.
The first tee:
- The practice putting green is open to golfers with a tee time only. The practice putting green is limited to 4 golfers at a time.
- Golfers must arrive at the first tee no more than 5 minutes prior to their tee time.
- Tee off times are strictly observed, if you miss your tee time it may result in you not being able to play.
- Golfers must remain 2 metres apart whilst in the tee box.
On the course:
- Social distancing must be observed throughout the round, especially on the tee boxes and greens.
- Benches, ball washers and rakes are all removed from the course. Golfers must smooth bunkers using their clubs and/or feet.
- Flagsticks must remain in the holes and not be touched.
- Stoppers are placed in the hole to allow for contact-free ball retrieval.
- Equipment, food and drink must not be exchanged between golfers.
- Golfers must not pick up other player’s equipment or golf ball.
- Golfers must refrain from handshakes and high fives.
After the round:
- After the round, golfers must not congregate in the reception area.
- Social distancing must be observed at all times.
Ensuring the safety of our staff, members and visitors:
Our extensive measures ensure the safety of our staff, members and visitors. There will be no more than 1 member of staff at the first tee check in point for their safety. All staff will be supplied with PPE, including masks and gloves for when social distancing is not always possible.
We have a risk assessment and training module that all our team have completed prior to working on site.
The Green Keeping team will be working at a distance without needing to come close to any guests.
Our team are fully aware of the importance of cleanliness and hygiene whilst at the centre and at home.
All work areas and contact points are cleaned and sanitised frequently. Any staff showing symptoms of COVID – 19 will not be working at the centre.
We kindly ask that you abide by these rules at all times in order to ensure the safety of fellow golfers and our staff that are here to help you.
To read the golfing restrictions as set out by the R&A for the UK please visit the England Golf website: