Our COVID-19 guide to golf at Rustington Golf Centre
In the initial period following our reopening, access to the centre will be available to golfers provided the following requirements are met:
– You must have a pre-booked tee time
– You are not in self isolation and not required to self isolate
– You are not displaying symptoms of COVID-19
– You have not returned from outside the UK in the last 14 days
The golf course will be open from Monday 18th May between the hours of 08:00 – 20:00 Monday to Sunday (last bookable tee time at 19:30). The Par 3 course will also be open from 08:00 – 13:00 (closed from 13:00 -16:30 for Foot Golf and Disc Golf) and then reopen from 16:30 – 19:30. The main building along with the range, front till, and all indoor facilities will remain closed until further notice.
Booking a round:
- Booking a tee time in advance is compulsory via the link on our website: https://rgcgolf.com/ (no phone or on site bookings will be taken).
- As of Monday 1st June we will be allowing up to four golfers from four separate households to play together in one single group
- In order to provide a fair opportunity to all golfers, we ask you only to book one tee time per day for 9 holes and no more than three bookings of 9 holes per week.
- Only visit the golf centre to play the golf course, the practice facilities are reserved for those warming up before teeing off.
- Visitors will need to book and pre-pay online (no bookings will be taken over the phone or in person).
- Golfers should travel to the centre alone, or with members of the same household.
- An ample amount of car parking spaces are available to ensure social distancing.
- Arrange golf attire and change footwear at your car.
- Observe social distancing at all times and resist the urge to mingle with others.
- Report straight to the first tee upon arrival to check-in.
- Tee times are subject to the following requirements:
– 3 and 4 balls made up of golfers who share the same household only.
– 2 balls comprising of individuals from different households.
– Individuals playing on their own.
- Check in on the first tee is mandatory for all golfers.
- A booking confirmation or receipt is required and must be presented before you are permitted to play.
- Whilst waiting to be checked in on the first tee, a 2 metre distance must be followed.
- All clubhouse facilities will be closed.
- Buggies, clubs and trollies will be unavailable for hire, golfers must provide their own equipment.
The first tee:
- The practice putting green is open to golfers with a pre booked tee time only. The practice putting green is limited to 4 golfers at a time.
- Golfers must arrive at the first tee no more than 5 minutes prior to their tee time.
- Tee off times are strictly observed.
- Golfers must remain 2 metres apart whilst in the tee box.
On the course:
- Social distancing must be observed throughout the round, especially on the tee boxes and greens.
- Benches, rubbish bins, ball washers and rakes are all removed from the course. Golfers must smooth bunkers using their clubs and/or feet.
- Flagsticks must remain in the holes and not be touched.
- Baskets are placed next to the flagstick to allow for contact-free ball retrieval.
- Equipment, food and drink must not be exchanged between golfers.
- Golfers must not pick up other player’s equipment or golf ball.
- Golfers must refrain from handshakes and high fives.
After the round:
- After the round, golfers must return straight to their cars and head home.
- Social distancing must be observed at all times.
Ensuring the safety of our staff, members and visitors:
Our extensive measures ensure the safety of our staff, members and visitors. There will be no more than 1 member of staff at the first tee check in point for their safety. All staff will be supplied with PPE, including masks and gloves for when social distancing is not always possible.
We have a risk assessment and training module that all our team have completed prior to working on site.
The Green Keeping team will be working at a distance without needing to come close to any guests.
Our team are fully aware of the importance of cleanliness and hygiene whilst at the centre and at home.
All work areas and contact points are cleaned and sanitised frequently. Any staff showing symptoms of COVID – 19 will not be working at the centre.
We kindly ask that these rules are abided by at all times in order to ensure the safety of fellow golfers and our staff that are here to help you.
To read the golfing restrictions as set out by the R&A for the UK please click on the following link: